Air Conditioning Service
Why have your air conditioning serviced?
Full Air Conditioning Service, Recharge.
Many drivers will use their air conditioning system more during the hotter summer months, but they are also useful in winter as it keeps your windows demisted by circulating warm, dry air throughout your vehicle.
If you notice your windows misting, this may be a sign you need to pop in and see us to have the air conditioning system checked over.
Air conditioning systems work by cooling ambient air and venting it into the cabin area. During the course of their lifetime, car air-conditioning systems lose their refrigerant, at a rate of up-to 15% each year.
The quantity of refrigerant in the system is typically between 600 and 800 grams, this level of natural loss will rapidly impair.
Typical problems caused by coolant loss include;
- Poor cooling, especially during very hot weather.
- Impaired lubrication of moving parts which can lead to premature compressor failure.
- Odour problems, often stale and unpleasant smells are common in older systems as airborne particles and mould can build up on the evaporator. In extreme cases this can cause allergic reactions and even illness.
- Increased fuel consumption due to the compressor being active for longer.
Correctly maintained air conditioning systems play a valuable role in maintaining drive and passenger comfort and safety by.
- Preventing allergens entering the vehicle
- Keeping windows free of condensation
- Maintaining a comfortable climate.
- Significantly reducing the level of fumes and pollutants entering the vehicle.
A full air-conditioning service includes a refrigerant recharge and replacement of the lubricating oil as well as a full check of all system components. A recharged system will reduce your fuel consumption by putting less strain on the engine and keep you cool in summer and demisted in winter.
This comprehensive check contains;
Full Air Conditioning Service & Recharge
Your air-conditioning system requires regular maintenance in order to keep it functioning properly. Around 10% of refrigerant gas can seep out of the air conditioning system each year. If there is insufficient refrigerant not only can y our system not operate effectively but it could potentially lead to internal system damage. A full air conditioning service involves charging the air conditioning system with gas and lubricant as well as removing all moisture and debris.
To keep your air conditioning system working effectively, it should be serviced at least once every two years.