Ford Motorcraft Clutch repairs for effortless gear changes.
The clutch in your Ford is a sophisticated piece of engineering, designed to help make gear changes swift, smooth and efficient.
As the life of the clutch is dependent on your driving style, it’s important to look out for signs of wear and tear, which Golds Garages Ford will be happy to check for you.
The clutch kits used as part of Ford Motorcraft are specifically designed and tested to full Ford durability and functional test specifications. These kits are tailored to your vehicle’s age and are competitively priced.
What to look out for
Your car’s clutch may need to be repaired or replaced if you notice:
- The clutch does not release and the gearbox meets with resistance during gear selection
- The clutch pedal is harder and its path is longer
- The clutch slips: when setting off or at maximum torque, the engine rpm jumps but the speed does not increase proportionally
- The clutch jerks and the car ‘jumps’
- Noisy running, both at low rpm and at maximum rpm
Golds Garage Ford is a Ford Authorised Service and Repair Centre. If you believe your clutch may be in need of rpair or replacement, give our Service Centre a call us on 01543 376438 to get booked in at the earliest opportunity.
Ford Motorcraft servicing, MOT, tyres and repairs are available at participating Ford Dealers for Ford passenger cars and commercial vehicles with up to and including 2.5L engines and are applicable to retail customers only. All published prices are recommended retail prices and include parts, labour and VAT. RS models and LPG derivatives are excluded.